The AGA 60 couldn't be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind. The AGA 60's roasting/baking oven can be programmed and can have up to three events programmed per day*. They operate using a timer similar to that used for controlling a central heating programmer. This means the ovens can be timed to come on and ready to cook when you are.
*Using the optional extra AGA 60 Programmer.
HOW THE HOTPLATES WORK
The hotplate operates using a powerful heating element and can be set to either boiling or simmering setting. Around the outside of the actual hotplate is a further useable cooking area. This area can be used to simmer on when the hotplate is set to boil, and as a warming plate when the hotplate is in simmering setting. When set to boiling setting the hotplate reaches temperature in around 11 minutes from cold, while the simmering setting reaches temperature in around 8 minutes.
HOW THE OVENS WORK
Using the control knob on the far left of the top plate, the top oven can be set to roasting, baking or the off setting. The roasting and baking settings can be achieved from cold in around one hour. The lower simmering oven can also be up to full temperature in around one hour. The baking setting will provide a 'warm to touch' feel.
- Roast & Simmer
- Bake & Simmer
BP/SP) Boiling/Simmering plate - The boiling plate will rapidly bring water to boil for that quick pasta supper. The simmering plate heat is gentle for delicate sauces and heating milk.
1) Roasting oven - The roasting oven grills, roasts and bakes bread beautifully.
1) Baking oven - A moderate oven for baking cakes and biscuits cooking fish, lasagne or a shepherd's pie. And cooking sweet and savoury dishes together is no problem as the flavours do not mix.
2) Simmering oven - The simmering oven is ideal for slow cooking, allowing flavours to develop and making even the toughest meats tender.
VIEW HOW AN AGA 60 WORKS
OPTIONAL FEATURE - AGA 60 PROGRAMMER
To allow an additional degree of control over the AGA 60, there is an optional extra seven day programmer available to enable you to programme the AGA 60 cooker to turn on and be ready to use when required. The programmer functions as a ‘pre-heater timer’ controlling the top oven only.
- ‘Line of Text’ display, providing text feedback that gives help and programming hints
- Large backlit display
- Factory set clock and date
- Automatic Summer/Winter 1 hour time change
- Temporary or permanent override facilities
- Extra hour facility for up to 3 hours boost or programme extension
- Choice of 3 different built in programmes
- Programme indicator lights
- Any programmed settings retained indefinitely in non volatile memory
- Up to 3 on/off times per day
- 'Holiday' button